Content is always king, and users matter most. Good content is good SEO content. SEO should add to your content, not detract from it, and should not hurt your users. If you can tell it’s been optimized, you’ve gone too far.
For a given story, use the keyword research tools to find out how people are searching for that news. Augment with key components of the story, like company, product and personality names For example, “A New Test for Peanut Allergies Won’t Require You to, You Know, Eat Peanuts” should also mention blood test.
- Consider linking words or phrases to relevant articles from your site and it’s verticals.
- Consider linking words or phrases to relevant articles from the Kinja Network
- Consider linking words or phrases to relevant story type pages
- Consider linking words or phrases to relevant tag pages
- Add recommended posts
- Pick the right file name for your image. Use the keyword to tell Google what the image is about. Ex. f your image is a sunrise of Paris showing the Notre Dame, the file name shouldn’t be DSC4536.jpg, but notre-dame-paris-sunrise.jpg.
- Consider adding captions to your images for easier scanning of the page. Only add a caption if it improves reader experience or supports your content.
- Use keywords
- Do not duplicate tags ie. dog and dogs
- Do not create or use a story type as a tag